This was the theme of a recent yoga class I took. It was full of heart openers, lions breaths and pigeon poses. It was also a message I profoundly wanted to share with my clients.
In those moments that stretch to hours, that stretch to days .... the moments that feel heavy and insurmountable, there's always a thread to be pulled. What I mean is that something can always be done. Yoga is hugely helpful, but what else? What about sustaining at all hours?
I found myself feeling this similar bought of heaviness recently, the kind I've witnessed in my clients before, so I paused to examine. What? Why? How? When? Where?
What? = Heaviness
Why? = Words from Others, Expectations, Short on Time, Misunderstandings, Exhaustion
How? = Commitment to Guests, Inertia
When? = Morning, Midday, Evening
Where? = Inside, Anticipating Action, Acting Out of Integrity
Witnessing the data and the ebbs and flows I came to examine this:
- Triggers are everywhere
- Triggers are wolves in sheep's clothing; you never know where and when it can come from
- Assumptions have the most heat
- Inflammation of the pain comes from giving significance to the "what ifs"
How to Stop It, How to Soften, How to Lighten:
- Go right towards the thing and shower with compassion
- Long walks
- Increase frequency from podcasts + books
- Force a smile on your face
- Just say fuck it
- Decide you want it more than you are afraid of it
- Talk to someone, share everything, release
- Act before you're ready